For those interested in tutoring services, please include the following information in an email to tutor @ dcbarexam.com:
1) Why you are looking for a tutor?
2) Which bar exam (e.g. – July 2017 Virginia Bar Exam) are you planning on taking?
3) List the bar exams you have taken in the past as well as the results.
4) How did you prepare for your past bar exams (e.g. – self study, barbri, pmbr, etc.)?
5) Any other information you think will help give a better understanding of your background and current situation.
Q: What bar exams do you offer tutoring for?
A: Primarily Virginia (VA) and Washington DC, but also Maryland (MD), New York (NY), and California (CA).
Q: I am only taking the MBE for the DC (or whichever) exam, can you help me with just that?
A: Of course, plenty of people waive in their past essay scores and take just the MBE.
Q: I am only taking the essay portion for the DC exam, can you help me with just that?
A: Of course, plenty of people waive in their MBE scores and take just the essay day.
Q: I live abroad (not locally), can you tutor me remotely?
A: Maybe; everything is decided on a case by case basis.
Q: How early should I contact you for tutoring?
A: As early as possible. There are only a limited number of slots for tutoring on each exam, and they always fill up — quality over quantity. Unfortunately, that means that after a certain point no more students are accepted until the next exam administration.
Q: What is a typical tutoring session like?
A: There is no such thing as a typical tutoring session as everything is personalized and individualized for that particular student. You will not find a pre-made syllabus here. It’s a custom program based on the individual student’s situation and needs.